Tuesday, April 16, 2013

LinkedIn is Definitely the New and Improved Monster!


We've been utilizing the LinkedIn Recruiter tool here at Toyota Financial Services for the past year, and we're still learning how to best get potential candidates to respond to our messages.  I have the worst time with my hard to fill accounting positions, that require Big 4 experience and a CPA.  I guess they have too much focus on their audit engagements than to open up my LinkedIn inmails...arggghhh!!!!  My message acceptance rate is atrocious, 4-5%.  So you can imagine how many messages I need to send out before getting interested accountants to start an employment conversation with us.

Barring all of this, I've been able to identify quite a few professionals who have already been hired or are in the final stages of the interview process.  It's been our most useful tool by far, and our agency spend has decreased by $400,000 compared to last fiscal year.  Our senior leaders have been quite impressed with the quality of candidates along with the expense reduction.

Hoping to have many more LinkedIn successes in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment